1. No purchase necessary to
enter or win. One entry per week per person only. Duplicate entries will be
2. Contest begins April 9, 2007 and runs for 12 weeks, with a new contest
each week. A contest week is Monday through Saturday.
3. Each completed PUZZLE entry must be received 12 days from the beginning
of each PUZZLE contest to be considered for the prize drawing. The week’s
drawing will be on the second Friday afternoon following the start of each
contest at 4:00PM. [See contest schedule below].
4. One or more WORDS will appear in ads scattered throughout Lincoln Daily
News each day during each contest period, with 1 word per ad. These WORDS
and their crossword locations will remain in the ads in the LDN archives for
online access anytime. Persons who don’t have access to the internet at home
or work can gain access to Lincoln Daily News.com at any public internet
site such as the Lincoln Public Library, Panera in Springfield or
5. Each contestant should print out the current contest PUZZLE, fill in
their Name, Address and phone number, and gather the WORDS from ads
appearing during the contest week.
6. Completed entries may be submitted via mail, in person at LDN, or dropped
in the CCAonline payment drop box on Kickapoo St.
7. One entry will be drawn each week from all the CORRECT entries submitted.
8. One $50 Thornton’s gas card prize will be given away each week for twelve
9. The name of weekly winner will be randomly selected from all the entries.
The winning entry must have correctly completed the crossword PUZZLE with
correct answers from all six days of contest week. The method of drawing for
the prizes will be the sole and final decision of the staff of Lincoln Daily
10. Employees of Lincoln Daily News and their immediate families are not
eligible to win.
11. Name, address and phone number must be included with entry.
12. Participation is limited to persons eighteen (18) or older who are
residents of the State of Illinois.
13. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Taxes
applicable to the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
14. Puzzle WORDS, the Ad in which the WORDS appear, and the design of each
week’s PUZZLE will be selected by The LDN staff.
15. Winners will be notified by phone. Also, winners’ names will be
published on the Monday following the drawing for that week’s contest.